The theme of today’s Daily Prompt is:
Can’t Get it Out of My Head!
They ask “have you ever become obsessed with something?”
Me? Obsessed? Obsessive tendencies Rosa? Ha!
It varies from day to day, but five constant obsessions include:
1) DSB’s health. We’ve been in the ER most of the afternoon and evening, and DSB has pneumonia. Like, in a bad BAD way. They admitted him and, while we waited for a bed, he forced me to go home, laying on the guilt with, “the dogs need for someone to be home. We left them in the middle of a thunderstorm.” Gah. So here I am, at home. DSB is still sitting in the ER waiting on a bed. And I am (in my head) writing my memoir, which at this point is stuck in the litany of illnesses, surgeries, accidents, and mishaps that DSB has had in the two years that I have known him.
2) Blogging. Not blogging well, mind you. But blogging. Putting something up every day, even if I have to do it at 6:00am in my underwear or at 9:00pm before I’ve had dinner. Even if it’s complete drivel and no one reads it. Hey, I’m blogging. Daily. I’d like to get away from doing “list and picture posts,” but I think I’m becoming obsessed with those, too.
3) Jelly beans. That’s right, it’s Easter bunny time and I am ALL about the jelly beans. Year-round, actually, but right now, they’re everywhere! Jelly Belly is my favorite, but I even like the $1 packages you can buy at Dollar General. Jelly beans are my kryptonite.
4) My pups. They mean everything to me and we treat them like they are itty bitty royals. Treats, snacks, good (and expensive!) dog food, always up to date on shots and heartworm and flea/tick, fresh water, and a dog food bowl that never stands empty. I can’t explain the love I have for these pups. See below for yourself:
5) Sticking to my schedule. If there is only one non-medication thing I can do to treat my bipolar, to keep the bipolar demons at bay, it’s sticking to a schedule. I have a wake-up schedule and an evening schedule and a bedtime schedule. I take my meds at the same time each day. I go to work on the same days, structure my days off, and generally not allow myself any down-time to brood over things. If I’m not blogging or catching up on the 210 (yikes!!!) blogs I follow, I’m reading a book or scrubbing my kitchen or chatting up DSB. Idle time is not good for me, and I learned that the hard way.
So, down goes another “list and picture post.” They really are addictive!