It’s the end of another week, and it’s time to link up with Liz at Considerings, among others, and shout-out what has made you thankful this week. This link-up is one of my favorites, because it usually makes me feel like I just gave myself a really big hug.
1) I am thankful for Easter. For the chocolate, the jelly beans, the scrape-it-together dinner DSB and I are having. I’m thankful I’ll get to see my mom for a couple hours and I’m thankful I had a nice chat with my dad this morning. I’m thankful for the Easter pictures of my nephew and I am thankful that DSB is home for the holiday. Yay for Easter!
2) I am thankful for my Crock-Pot. So many a harried evening has been saved by the Crock-Pot. Feeling a little lazy? Throw something in the Crock-Pot. Going to have a crazy day? Throw something in the Crock-Pot. Chicken that thawed three days ago and needs to be cooked? Throw it in the Crock-Pot. Tonight’s Easter dinner is featuring frozen chicken quarters cooked in the (yes) Crock-Pot, which will then be shredded and sauteed with a BBQ sauce and Italian dressing mixture. Quite tasty. And convenient!
3) I am thankful for my Nalgene. I may have posted that on TToT before, but it has been a huge money and thirst-saver for me. I have always drank a lot of water, but I would also frequently indulge in Sonic drinks, or Taco Bell Happy Hour slushes, you get the point. That money added up, and I was still always left feeling thirsty. I now have a Nalgene (that my mom bought the special cap for…woot woot, Mom!) and I love it. It is a 48 oz and I drink three or four, sometimes five of these a day. I love water, as long as it has ice!
4) I am thankful for Mom helping me get some summer clothes. I like to be able to show up to work and look clean and put-together and (at least somewhat) cute. She makes that happen every year, and just this past week she picked me up a few things that were very cute (and fit!). I appreciate her doing this so much — I am not a good clothes shopper!
5) Related to number four, I am thankful that I realized yesterday, while at work, that I really AM kinda cute. I’m a big girl, but that doesn’t mean I can’t be attractive. I had one of my new outfits on, and I caught a glimpse of my reflection, and was like, really? That’s not so bad! Actually half-decent! I just hope I can hold onto that thought/feeling for awhile.
6) I am thankful that I deleted the first TToT I wrote today. I was tired, I wasn’t in a good place, and I was forcing it. Now I feel the words flowing, am finding great pictures, and feel like this is more “me.” I almost decided not to do TToT today, because of that first go-round. Now I’m glad I did. Here’s to not giving up on yourself. Hear, hear!
7) I am thankful for Mom helping me get the house cleaned up before DSB came home. She is such a trooper and a great motivator. I wish I had 1/2 her energy and stamina. She is in the latter part of her fifties and can outwork most 20ish men. I know that because I see it happen on a daily basis in the store. She is very generous with her time in helping me, and in giving me a kick in the ass when I really need to get something done. Love you, Madre! xoxo
8) I am thankful I am sleeping again, but wonder how much longer until I will be caught up. I am thankful for the sleepiness and the resting, because missing a week’s sleep could have swung the other direction. Am I actually having a normal reaction to not getting enough sleep? Oh my!
9) I am thankful for Dollar General, where it seems you can always find that one ingredient you were missing, without having to go to the actual grocery store. Also, the milk is always fresh!
10) I am thankful last, but not least, to the amazing people who read this blog, comment, like, even those who don’t comment and don’t like. I know you’re out there. Within the next three or four days, I should hit 1,000 follows. Never imagined I’d make it that far!
Now hurry up, get your TToT done, and link-up over at Considerings!