I have been a bit in and out of the blogosphere this week as I am learning new routines and catching up with people and, really, being more social than I have been in years. I’m to the point where I’m actually ready to just spend some quality time at home with the Kizz. My batteries need recharging. I’m hoping this week’s TToT will give me a lift.
Don’t forget to hook up with Liz at Considerings for the link-up. All sorts of crazy action goes on with your blog when you link up.
1) Hooray for figuring things out. I am thankful that I have been able to figure out many things for myself, that I previously relied on DSB for. It turns out there’s nothing so magical about the things he can do, that I can’t replicate. I don’t need no stinkin’ man! (LOL, Madre)
I am thankful for all three parents. And they’re each going to get their own number, because that’s just how awesome they have been.
2) Mom, you get to go first, because you bear the brunt of it. I am thankful that you have been there for tears and anger and cheered me on while I listed out stuff that I didn’t used to “be able” to do and how things are so different now. I am thankful for you for harrassing me to see the pdoc when things got hypomanic. You work tirelessly to better my situation and I can’t thank you enough for that. And I’m thankful that you’re just you — always accepting, never (hardly ever) impatient, and an all around positive person to be around. MTLI.
3) I am thankful for the Big Dawg to fixing the big issues, like getting my lawnmower situation straightened out or offering to handle all the people that (at some point) will come out of the woodwork and want their items and/or money back that DSB has just left up in the garage, stuff that he was working on. I am thankful that our relationship has progressed to the point where you can actually ask me how I’m doing, and I know you really want the whole, unvarnished truth. This song reminds me so much of us:
4) I am thankful, Dad, at how accepting you have become. You are genuinely happy to see DSB go (as many were) and are putting a lot of energy into helping me round out my time with positive things. I know I can always call you late into the evening when I am upset and you will talk me through things. You’re back to “being there” and I am every so thankful for that.
5) I am thankful for my newly adopted brother, Rock, even though I am at times very jealous of him. I have to remember who he is to the people I love, and treat him accordingly. Hopefully the jealousy will go away in time, but the jealousy is no one’s fault but my own. We all have our opinions and the best I can do is cut him some slack and remind myself that he’s only a 21 year old male, and then think of what I was like at that age, and remind myself just how screwed up my head was then. If I think about it like that, I can empathize with him, not that he would ever admit that he had any problems. Sibling rivalry. I’m thankful to have it, if Rock can bring such joy to my mom.
6) I am thankful I am not in one of the 25 people in a three-block vicinity that had their mailboxes totally destroyed by vandals a few days ago. Some of them were hit so hard, that the post was knocked over, as well. Total ridiculousness. I hope they find the people that did it and they serve jail time. Totally rude and disrespectful.
7) I am thankful to be headed over to Mom’s soon for a steak dinner. I don’t remember the last time I ate steak, but I love it. It’s not generally do-able on my budget, but with DSB gone, it might be affordable. I’d have to have Big Dawg grill it, though, as he is the master of the charcoal grill.
8) I am thankful for my pup, Kizzie. Yes, I know she is on here every week, but she is just that gosh-darn special. She has been enjoying spending lots of QT with her momma and getting special treats. I had her groomed last week, but failed to get photos. Below is one from a few years ago — she looks pretty much the same except she is more muscular now. She’s friggin’ adorable!
9) I am thankful I have not heard a single word from DSB. I tried to call him a couple of times, but it went straight to voicemail. I don’t believe I will ever hear from him, and that’s probably a good thing. Sometimes I feel like I didn’t get closure, but mostly I’m just pretending he died. Is that bad?
10) I am thankful to see more bloggie friends doing TToT. Two weekends to TToT #50!