Remember, you can join Ten Things of Thankful by linking up with Liz at Considerings. Easy peasy lemon squeezy (I’m not sure that’s how that goes, but I don’t really give an eff, because it rhymes. Just call me Big Dawg if that ain’t it.).
Banner is courtesty of Mental Mama, and that link will also take you directly to her TToT for the week.
Without any further adieu:
1) Maybe I should have been like Mama and labeled mine “10 Things That Didn’t Suck This Week.” That’s kind of how I’m feeling. My first thankfully thank-you, though, IS to Mama. We were chatting and I am pretty sure I was moaning about how I really just needed a six-pack of Budweiser Cheladas (I don’t drink), and she brought DBT right into the picture. Practice opposite to emotion. My main emotion right now is intense anger and anxiety, directed at ol’ DSB (who can do nothing about all the shitty things he has done, even if he wanted to), so I am doing TToT because it makes me joyful and hopeful. You get that — joyful and hopeful being opposite to anger and anxiety? Sometimes I forget. 😦
2) I am thankful for the support of my family. I promise, this TToT will not be a rerun, because I always mention family, but it’s just THAT DAMN IMPORTANT. My family is everything to me and sometimes, I lose sight of how hard this is on THEM, to always be there for me, someone who has special and magical bipolar powers. For a perfect explanation, go to yesterday’s entry and read the comment from QueenofDaNile (mom). I read that this morning and it made total sense. For the first time in a long time, actually, it made sense. I would copy and paste, but you wouldn’t get the full effect unless you read the post, as well.
3) I am thankful for large packages of toilet paper and paper towels. When you’re buying them, you’re thinking, “Nine dollars?! Really?!” but it’s so nice to rarely run out. Thank you, Madre, for teaching me this invaluable lesson (and buying the last package of TP!)
4) I am thankful my sister is going to come help me clean this gawdawful mess up on the 10th. I’m nervous, too, though. What if she sees the squalor and runs? What if I can’t keep up? Ok, frankly, what happens when I can’t keep up? I just keep remembering her words, “I love you unconditionally.” “I would never judge you.” Okay, breathing in and out now. In, out, in, out.
5) Feeling a bit more frivolous as we go, and not to say that TToT is frivolous, but let’s all eat a piece of cake this weekend, because it is TToT’s 1st birthday! I am so thankful I found this gem and I look forward to it every week. I have missed a couple of times and I was always so disappointed when I didn’t make the deadline.
6) I am thankful for all the new toiletries and laundry stuff that my dad hooked me up with. I am smelling clean all the way around, and I kinda like it. The people around me probably appreciate it as well. I hate to shower, and the soaps he bought me are very motivating. And who knew that buying Tide would be a big difference after buying the $7 Purex all these years? And having dryer sheets again has been phenomenal. Now if I just had some elves to come put all this laundry away!
7) I am thankful that I was too lazy tonight to go and spend my grocery money on ice cream. I really reaaaaaallly wanted a salted caramel shake from Sonic, a little bit of heaven, but I resisted. That’s $2 I’ll have to buy healthier stuff with, and I’m not packing extra poundage onto my rear end.
8) I am extremely thankful that the Kizz Wizz was not injured and did not escape when a huge limb came crashing out of a tree in my back yard a couple days ago. It happened while I was at work, and I was beyond relieved to see her trotting out her doggie door toward me. Big thanks also to the tree service who were here the next day and totally took care of things in a matter of hours, including cleaning up after themselves. The Big Dawg came and put the fence back up, and now we’re in business.
9) I am thankful for all suggestions for new music. After DSB, I am so sick to death of country that I could spit. It’s on the radio all the time at work, all the presets in my car are set to it (there is not a decent radio station anywhere around here), and the only times I can get away are either with silence or Pandora. Too bad Pandora doesn’t come in your car…or does it?
10) Last but not least, I am very pleased that my local library APPEARS to have the entire Jack Reacher collection, as well as one other (that I’m blanking on the name of, but that Marilyn recommended). And that’s where I’m headed. I no longer feel angry (in the name of opposite-to-emotion, Mama!). I feel like I need to lay a good long while in bed and get my book read, as it will be auto-returned for me on the 2nd.