That’s right, Lil’ Miss Bipolar on Fire said that pigs are flying. I don’t know if she meant that because she was suprised about the award, or for some other reason. Maybe she’ll read this and leave it in the comments. Maybe it IS in her post, and I’m just too nicotine-addled to do see it. At any rate, thank you, my friend, BPOF, for thinking of me!
But here at RosieSmrtiePants, where Rosa, “tells it like it is,” pigs must be flying because I almost never do award posts. I’m making an exception for a couple of reasons: 1) I’m wound up with nervous energy and my fingers need to do something, 2) BPoF is one of my favorite bloggers and I wouldn’t want her to think I was any less than honored, and 3) I think I’ve decided to take a new view on awards. Just something I’ve been thinking about.
The rules in accepting this award is as follows:
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
1) Again, big thank you to BPOF for the nod. I do appreciate it! She is linked above and here
3) Seven facts about myself
- I have a 48 oz Nalgene water bottle and drink four to six of those every day, in just plain ice water.
- I put ice cubes in Kizzie’s water in the summer. Sometimes she eats them, sometimes she just bops them with her nose. I think she appreciates it.
- My hair is the longest it has been in over eight years. And now that it’s long, it is just unruly curls.
- I am considering starting to do DBT diary cards again to get through this mess with quitting smoking and my problems with eating. DBT is good stuff, but you have to use it.
- All of my clothes are clean and laundry is done. But, is also dumped into a pile on my folding table. This is a recurrent problem and if someone wants to come over and put a foot up my ass, I’d appreciate it.
- I have had the same therapist since age 16, off and on, Goddess of Mindfulness and sometimes when I’m feeling stressed, I call her voicemail to listen to her soothing voice. And no, that’s not weird. It’s self-soothe.
- Sonic has specials on shakes and slushes thru the summer. My votes are salty caramel for shake and sour blue raspberry for slush.
4) Nominating blogs. I read a lot of blogs that I think are inspiring, but who also might not accept. This is the worst part about passing it on. What I’d say, is that, if you are reading this, then you are awesome because I have the best support network of readers. If you’re reading me, I’m probably reading you. So, take it on yourself to accept this award from me, and know that, had I done a list, the page never would have loaded.