It’s that time of the week again where those of us building Rome, all spout out some lofty goals, report on last week’s goals, and maybe throw up a funny picture or memorable quote. This is all brought to us, of course, by Green Embers who so thoughtfully created and designed and brought this challenge to life. If at any point you wish to join, just do a Building Rome post and link back to him.
The theme of this week’s “Building Rome” is “building passion.” My life definitely lacks passion right now. In fact, I can’t even come up with any passion related goals because I don’t have anything I feel passionate about. All the things I love to do — read, blog, interact with other humans, watch bad TV, learn new things (crochet!), drive, work — I am unable to do at present.
My brain is so foggy, I can’t concentrate, focus, stay in the moment for any of it. This is very frustrating. I’ve basically stopped blogging because I know I sound like a confused ass. I can’t drive anywhere because I’ve been in a couple near-accidents (because I failed to pay attention). I can’t read because I read the same paragraph over and over. I can’t even pay attention to bad TV! And then there are the long and extended crying spells. Gah!
What I can do, however, is set some goals for self-compassion.
THIS WEEK’S GOALS — SELF-COMPASSION
1) Get out of the house twice this week.
2) Play in my pool every day.
3) Find a magazine or two I can flip through.
4) Walk Kizzie every day.
LAST WEEK’S — FOUR OF ALWAYS
1) Take meds as prescribed. Check!
2) Take care of Kizzie’s needs. Check!
3) Take care of personal hygiene daily. Fail!
4) Work on healthy eating. Somewhat check!
LAST WEEK’S — DO OR DIE
1) Keep up with my “always list.” Check!
2) Spend at least two hours outside every day. Check!
3) Walk Kizz for 10 minutes ever day this week. Fail!
4) Finish getting house in order. Kinda check!