It’s Green Embers’ Building Rome time and I have thought and thought about what I wanted to post, being that I am not yet back up to full 100% Rosa awesomeness. I think for me this week is going to be a bit of a repeat with a twist. Originality just isn’t in the cards today, looks like.
Last week, I worked on the following things:
1) Set aside one to two hours to read everyday (two if I am not working that day). I did always set the time aside, although I didn’t always spend it reading. I did read an average of two hours per day, though, so I’m going to say this goal was accomplished.
2) Go back to work or somehow be more involved with the shop. This is not going to happen until I feel better, can stay awake all day, can handle interacting with customers and stressful situations. Not quite there yet, but almost.
3) Start driving again. Yay! I did start driving again and it felt good, although kind of scary. Especially kinda scary the times I did it without wearing shoes (that’s another long story). I think though, as long as I have shoes, I’m good, so, goal accomplished!
My Do-or-Die Goals:
1) Take care of all Kizzie’s needs, including play with Kizzie every day for at least 30 minutes. This went so well that we usually went over the 30 minutes if you count up all the 15 minute intervals during the day. She is as happy as a pup ever was.
2) Hygiene/Self-Care. Satisfactory.
3) Take all medications as prescribed. I am having a really hard time remembering to take my morning meds, a terrible time remembering to take my morning, evening, and bedtime Zyprexa, and did goof around with a few of my physical health medications as well. This was not a winner this week. I do have a plan and it involves getting my mediset filled up and setting more timers.
4) Eat healthfully. This is kind of put out of commission with me being sick. I am getting really good at making Ramen in the microwave, and I’m doing a good job pushing fluids, so there’s something.
This coming week’s goals:
1) Continuing to read two hours every day. This was really helpful for me in calming my brain down and relaxing me. And I have some killer books to read right now!
2) Ask some friends for feedback about lack of blogging. And of course, feel free to add your two cents in the comments. I am having a really hard time blogging regularly, coming up with topics, and even responding to prompts. I do want to write, I feel pressed to write, but I just can’t come up with it. Any advice?
3) Start reducing cigarettes smoked in an attempt to quit which will be upcoming. “Nuff said about that one.