Green Embers’ Building Rome theme this week could not have come at a better time. This week’s theme is:
SETBACKS ARE NOT ROADBLOCKS!
And yes, I really did feel it was that important that I screamed that at you. Sorry for any ringing eardrums. 🙂
So, anyone who reads this blog knows I’ve had some major “setbacks” lately and have even blogged about the incredible sadness and loneliness I have been feeling, that have been created by said roadblocks.
After some discussion with the ever-so-wise QoB, my unhappiness problem can be eased by three things, which are going to be this week’s goals:
1) Get out of the house at least once a day. Even if it’s just to sit out on the back patio or get in the mini-pool or drive down to BP and put gas in the car. I think this goal is particularly important because it causes one to have to shower and dress, which are altogether motivating in themselves, which leads me to my next goal.
2) No matter what I am doing that day, be dressed, showered, and ready to walk out the door at a moment’s notice by 11:00AM. I mean, this probably sounds pretty easy to most people, but it just isn’t for me. Not when I’m feeling bad. But what I do know from experience is that it DOES work. Doing all of that gets you motivated to do more stuff, and doing that stuff motivates you to do even more.
3) Stop isolating. Now. This could probably go along with number one, but is really is distinctively different. People are seeking out my company, and I am sometimes saying “no,” all the while whining that I am so lonely. I do have opportunities to get out, but I am not going because I feel like I’m not good company, because I worry what to talk about, I worry what people are going to think of me. I just worry. I have let this problem overcome me before, and I literally turned into a hermit. Not happening again.
My Do-or-Die Goals:
1) Take care of all Kizzie’s needs, including play with Kizzie every day for at least 30 minutes. It amazes me how much happier and relaxed Kizzie is now that Rascal is gone. She definitely is loving having more time with me and I am (I think) doing a good job at taking care of her. We have been playing a lot and she’s back to sleeping in the middle of the bed. 🙂
2) Hygiene/Self-Care. Satisfactory.
3) Take all medications as prescribed. I sucked. I’m working on it now. That is all.
4) Eat healthfully. Still on a very carb/protein diet. Not sure that’s quite healthy, but it’s the only thing that keeps my tummy happy.
Last Week’s Goals:
1) Continuing to read two hours every day. Doing it and LOVING it!
2) Ask some friends for feedback about lack of blogging. Asked, answered, and advice put into effect.
3) Start reducing cigarettes smoked in an attempt to quit which will be upcoming. Day One was today and I did not meet my exact goal, but I did pretty darn good. Hopefully Day Two will be easier.