It has been since my birthday on August 11th since I have participated in Building Rome (which is brought to us by Green Embers, and you can get started here). Building Rome focuses on small goals that lead to big goals, and I must admit, I have been lacking in the goal department here lately. Sure, there are things to do, but they all seem so big and insurmountable. I thought it might do me some good to spell things out every week again, in a relaxed and simple manner.
I won’t be reporting on the last week’s goals, because I am looking for a clean start. They were too complex, too big, too whatever. Instead, I’m going to review my top “Do or Die” goals and then end with new goals.
Rosa’s Do or Die Goals:
1) Take care of all Kizzie’s needs, including play with Kizzie every day for at least 30 minutes. I am failing horribly at this one, especially at the playing with Kizzie card. That, and she went one 12-hour period without food, because I just didn’t notice. Story of my life at this point.
2) Hygiene/Self-Care. I am struggling with this. Instead of showering every day, I am showering when I know I really need to. I am, however, keeping my hair clean on a daily basis. I have some very rough patches on my feet that really should be taken care of, and I am not using lotion like I should, and that really drags me down. I do need to take better care of my body — its almost like I feel I don’t deserve it.
3) Take all medications as prescribed. To a “T.”
4) Eat healthfully. Some days are better than others, but mostly, I just suck.
Rosa’s Goals Week of 9/1/2014
1) Keep taking Wellbutrin in attempt to quit smoking September 13th. Continue cutting back and doing what I can to minimize the fallout when I actually do quit.
2) Get back to reading again. Even if it is just 15/min per day, that would be better than nothing.
3) Do one nice self-care thing for myself every day, no matter how much I think I don’t deserve it.
4) Blog more regularly. I have been blogging about once a week and really do miss it. I need to stop flailing and start doing.