In the past, I have written gratitude posts on a weekly basis for “Ten Things of Thankful.” I quit doing that after awhile because I thought I wanted to give it a go by myself, and then I foolishly thought my focus was different and special and started “Building a Life Worth Living.” And then I lost my focus, and I am back to the beginning.
Knowing “Building a Life Worth Living” was never going to go anywhere (although there is another blogger in the sphere who might pick it up), I’ve decided to return to “Ten Things of Thankful,” and have seen a lot of really great posts on it lately.
So, to participate in TToT, write a list of ten things you were thankful for or that were particularly awesome in the past week. Click here to link-up with Liz at Considerings and your happy little post will be shared around the blogosphere. Have fun!
1) I can’t remember if I mentioned it on the blog (although I know I have on FB), but I had Sunday thru Thursday off from work and it was WONDERFUL. I caught up on sleep, TV, and with friends. I did a ton of laundry and cleaned some neglected areas of the house. I feel like I accomplished quite a bit, although there is always more to do.
2) In related news, I was able to go to the big city on Thursday and spend ALL DAY with Baby O. I fed him and helped with his bath and he even let me hold him, but just a little. It was a good day all in all.
3) My dad and uncle are in Colorado on vacation, and Dad called to let me know they survived a scary and intense drive up and down part of Pike’s Peak. They are both afraid of heights and Dad said, now that he’d done it, he didn’t think they’d do it again. While I find this somewhat amusing, I am really glad they are ok.
4) Put up 12 PINTS of grape jelly (picked right off my own property) with help of my dad’s wife. We had a lot of fun and I’ll have several Christmas presents to hand out, especially considering I don’t like grape jelly…like, at all.
5) Was sooooo very hungry yesterday morning, with little in the house but coffee, and I found a box of Shredded Mini Wheats that was only partially stale. I know that sounds gross, but…hungry!
6) Able to speak with Goddess of Mindfulness for a bit yesterday. Seems that other than a few little glitches, things overall are pretty good. We have been doing a system where I leave her messages and she reads my blog, and I let her know when I want to speak with her or sometimes she will call or email me based on what she has read or heard. It seems to be a pretty good system.
7) Big stack of paperwork to sort and file, and receipts to catalogue and put in Excel, waiting for me when I got back to work. Job security!
8) The busy season is pretty much over for now, so I am happy everyone is getting a little extra time off to do what they want to do. Busy season ends always right before (or sometimes slightly after…yikes) people seem like they’re going to snap.
9) Thank goodness for Medicare and Medicaid. I start Medicare in October, and will have an increased number of doctors and specialists I can see. And the Medicaid will pick up the remainder of the bill. The best part of this is that I will have coverage for my CPAP again!
10) We are getting a lot of rain, and that will mean beautiful color on leaves during autumn. Really must do a scenic drive of some sort!