This past week has been one of true growth, new realizations, (somewhat) painful lessons, and most of all, a focus on turning it around. Turn around my perspective on health, both mental and physical, and revitalize and begin to use DBT skills again, like mindfulness, meditation, and willingness. I am pretty sure I can easily bang a TToT out of the past week’s events.
1) Began meditating on a regular basis again, remembering that, for me, the easiest and most gratifying meditation is any form of the Loving-Kindness.
2) Turning away from wilfulness and embracing willingness. Making the committment to be more open, to people and change.
3) Baby O still just rules my world. His momma keeps me in pictures and I am basically getting to see him grow up everyday even though I can’t actually be there every day. Everything about that little boy is so right and he has motivated me to do so much!
4) So what has Baby O motivated me to do? Well, he is one of the many reasons that I quit smoking on September 13th. I have hung in strong, and I have motivation from a lot of other places as well, mostly my health. I know it’s not a “big deal” till you’ve done it for awhile, but I am proud that I have not smoked for:
One week, 10 hours, 14 minutes and 21 seconds. 445 cigarettes not smoked, saving $60.15. Life saved: 1 day, 13 hours, 5 minutes.
5) Making a decision to not get mired in feeling sick. Yes, I feel sick, but there must be something I can get up and do, even if it seems small and insignificant. Then, if you might feel halfway decent, you slowly add another task and another over a course of a few days, and the to-do list that has been rotting away in your hand, can be thrown away. It is totally true that a body at rest will stay at rest, and a body in motion stays in motion. I “get” that saying now.
6) My realization that a “family member” did not have my best interests at heart, and cutting that relationship out of my life.
7) Having grown to the point where I don’t have to spread juicy gossip, really don’t even WANT to.
8) Mom found a bunch of really cute clips for my shorter hair (with bangs…ugh). I think this will all be workable in the end.
9) It is amazing the things that you find your postal mailbox. No, not EVERYTHING gets emailed or texted. 🙂
10) The biggest thanks to old and new readers that were supportive this week I restarted blogging. I realize some of it is absolute drivel, but like Marilyn says, it keeps getting better as you keep going (I paraphrase).
Now it’s your turn to head out to the TToT link-up with Liz over at Considerings. If you don’t feel like writing a top 10, consider a top 5 or a top 3. Or just go check out all the other crazy writers on this train!