RANDOM GRATITUDE LIST
1) The youthful exuberance brought to my two best friends by increasing exercise and having a companion. The barking DOES get a bit obsessive, though.
2) 2014 is almost over and I have not been in the hospital since the summer, although it is likely a few times I should have gone.
3) Deciding to rededicate myself to meditation and mindfulness.
4) Making concrete plans and seeking medical advice to lose weight in 2015.
5) Becoming more serious about the few things in my life that I can pinpoint as activities that really DO matter in the overall scheme of things. Must, however, find more of these things.
6) Making a conscious decision not to lose sleep over things I can’t change. You have to turn that over in your mind again and again.
7) Being brave enough to reach out to people I am at odds with.
8) Better place to blog and do other computer tasks.
9) New-to-me car to replace the PT Cruiser I totaled a month ago (not my fault, was struck by a driver not yielding to a stop sign). The new car is a bright blue 2006 Chevy HHR and it is CUTE and fun to drive. And if anyone needs help hauling a dead body, it also has a huge cargo space.
10) Feeling a certainty that I can make my life better, regardless of the status of the lives around me.
Question of the day…
Do you think you are addicted to talking about your problems? Sometimes a little thankfulness goes a long way!
PS to my wonderful readers — turns out as I publish this, it notifies me this is post 590. 600 posts seems HUGE! I will bring cookies, someone grab a bunch of egg nog. 🙂