Its been awhile since I have done a thankfulness post, but because of all the human suffering I have seen during my last four days on the psychiatric ward (for
lack of a better phrase, I mean really, folks!), I just feel an extra amount of gratitude for life in general and feel like there is no better exercise for the heart and mind at 4:00am on a Sunday. With no further anxious rambling, I give you this week’s list, THE list to end all lists:
1) The staples of any hospitalization, I am grateful for a steady stream of coffee, cigarettes, and no-cal sweetener.
2) I am exceptionally grateful that after I leave from getting my little brain tuneup that I have a good, stable home with supportive people in it to return to. So many don’t.
3) I am very thankful for not being addicted to alcohol or other substances. Talk about complicating and compounding your mental health issues. Whew!
4) I am thankful to LarBear for visiting each and every day, without fail, and for having the good humor to spend his 35th birthday with me here during visiting hours with absolutely no complaint.
5) Regular contact with that big family that loves beyond measure, even if giving me more space is what it takes.
6) Music. Headphones on at all times.
7) The ability to easily get into this psychiatric facility, to have my insurance pay for it, to not be put out on my ear.
8) Adult coloring books, colored pencils, and a sturdy sharpener.
9) Some of the most awesome support staff I have ever encountered.
10) Anytime I can get a smile on my face.