I have severe procrastination problems. Always have. Even back in grade school, I’d wait until the last minute to read a book or start a project. It has grown and ballooned and blown up into Earth-sized proportions as I have become a 30-something. I can’t seem to stop it or usurp it or tackle it or otherwise combat it. It is oppressive and the fallout is always unpleasant, and sometimes painful.
Green Embers apparently started a goal-setting-and-achieving challenge called “Building Rome,” some 23 weeks ago, but ya know, I’m always the last to know. I’ve been advised that it’s quite all right to jump in midway. As far as I can tell, there is a general given “theme” for the week in which you set a few related goals and then report back on goals from the week previous.
I’m all about setting goals right now, and so thought this would be something to keep me accountable for the things I have been trying to do. As you may remember, Goddess of Mindfulness and I set four things that I WILL do each and every day so I will also be reporting on these every week.
This week’s theme is “Reaching Out” and I love the quote that tops Green Ember’s post:
“Ask for help when you need it. Even from your parents. There is no shame in needing help.”
Amen to that! And even though you really do know that, you might not feel it deep down inside. To reach out this week, I am going to:
1) Send a handwritten card to my sister and step-sister letting them know how much they mean to me.
2) Perf0rm one random act of kindness for a stranger each day. A smile, holding the door open, helping someone carry something, advising where something is located in the grocery store. Small things, important things.
3) Talk with Goddess of Mindfulness about this constant cycling and what we can do about it, other than following the “crisis” medication regime. Also talk with her about the mental health center’s lack of follow-through with my needed medication requests. Ask for her help in communicating with them.
Those are about all of the goals I want to set for this week, as I am working hard at the main four:
1) Take medications exactly as prescribed. I have struggled this week. Once I took my 9:00’s at 11:00 and I did forget one morning until about 3:00pm. I’m back off Ritalin until further notice (aggravates mixed state) and I sure will be happy to be back on it.
2) Take care of Kizzie’s needs. This went better than the medication stuff did. She only ran totally out of water once, and I don’t think it was for long. We had lots of play time and treats. I have the stuff for her heartworm and flea/tick for next month. She is a happy puppy, I think, too, because we have been spending more time outside.
3) Take care of personal hygiene daily. I definitely did a great job at this until about Thursday. I don’t know what my problem was, but before that I’d been showering daily and putting on lotion and Friday just kind of went to hell. That was about when I started cycling again and I have a lot of problems with negative thoughts, so I think that was part of it. I’ll just need to get back on top of it. My week restarts on Sunday, so I’m already a day behind, but that doesn’t mean I need to let the rest of my week go to hell.
4) Eat healthfully and mindfully. Ahhhh I don’t even want to talk about this. I did eat healthfully some, definitely not very mindfully. I really must to better this week and need to get to the grocery store so I have good options available.