1) Started my first month’s free subscription to Netflix today. I don’t have cable and I like movies. There are a lot of movies I would like to have seen, but DSB was not interested in much what I was. Netflix also has back-episodes of shows I have always wanted to see (that again, DSB did not). I am pleased to report that it is streaming well on my POS computer, so was pleasantly surprised, there. I might keep it, might not. I have a month to decide, so there’s the beauty!
2) Day One of smoking cessation has me on my ass. I remembered it as being easier, but I have been quite grumpy today and just very uncomfortable in my own skin. I didn’t do anything wrong or bitch anyone out, but the Big Dawg let me leave 90 minutes early today. I think he was worried that I WOULD end up bitching someone out. Or he just felt sorry for me. Either way, I was glad to come home to a nice air-conditioned house. That reeks of smoke. I’ll get it out, one way or another. May I just say, though, that nicotine lozenges TOGETHER with the patch makes all the difference. I remembered that from last time, so I made sure I had both. ALL THE DIFFERENCE.
3) I think it is possible that my dad and I have gone from not communicating to over-communicating. Ya know, there’s some things I don’t need to know, things that just make me feel bad. I know he’s trying to be helpful, but it’s not. I haven’t told him yet, still might not. Undecided.
4) I always feel a little bit bad when I do it, but I unsubscribe emails from bloggers who do not answer comments. As in, EVER. I’m not unf0llowing. There is a slight chance in hell I might come across them in Reader. I just feel like, if someone leaves you a comment, then you should probably respond. Even just a “thanks” will do it. What do you think about this issue? Leave it in the comments, I’d really like to know. (and I’m not talking about being tardy with comments — I’m saying NEVER responding)
5) And my brain power is pretty much gone. I am eating salmon and lima beans for dinner (my most favorite dinner ever) to treat myself to a day gone without smoking, so there’s some brain food. Here’s hoping you are having a stress-free day full of Cheezits, the third most perfect food (below salmon and lima beans, of course).