Much to my surprise and delight, I have been nominated for The Liebster Award by Rants From the Crib. Wanting to know a little bit more about it, I Googled it, and found a post about it’s origins here. Basically, the Liebster Award is a blog-to-blog award given to newer blogs with less than 200 followers.
Well, you may know that I’m not a “newer” blogger, but I do have less than 200 followers, so I’m going to go ahead and accept the award. The first step is to list 11 bits of information about me, so here goes:
1) It snowed where I live yesterday. First time it has happened on May 2nd in over 100 years. What the hell!
2) I eat more mac and cheese than the average person. Probably 2-3 times per week!
3) DSB and I met on the Internet and he moved here from over 1,200 miles away to be with me, sight unseen.
4) I have two doggies that are my whole world. There’s Kizzie, my Cairn Terrier that I have had for almost seven years, and DSB’s dog, Rascal, a Cocker-Spaniel/Lab/possibly Pit mix. They get along like they’ve been best friends their whole life.
5) My most favorite food is Chinese Hot and Sour Soup.
6) I have been reuiniting with my sister and she is perhaps one of the smartest, most clever, funny, and kind individuals I know.
7) When I did a service trip in Guatemala in college, I brought home a parasite in my tummy and named him Bob.
8) The most knowledgable plant person I know, QoB, is letting me try and raise an orchid. It’s probably a good thing it’s a cheapie!
9) I am a terrible housekeeper. You would not want to eat off my floors!
10) I waited my whole life for true love, kissed a lot of frogs, but was found by my prince. I have never loved someone like I love DSB. He is my best friend and my everything.
11) I am super-close to my mom, QoB. She has saved me from myself time and time again, and it’s nice that now I can be stable and we can just hang out.
Whew! Those were hard to come up with! Now, I answer the 11 questions asked of me by Rants From the Crib:
1) What are you worst at?
Keeping my house clean and picked up. I cook, but am otherwise fairly non-domestic.
2) What is your favorite type of music?
I am a browse-the-radio kind of music-listener, but it’s usually on a country station.
3) Do you consider yourself creative?
To a degree. I like to write, but don’t do much outside blogging or journaling.
4) Where were you born?
In a hospital in Kansas.
5) If you could be reincarnated as an animal, what would you be?
Definitely a dog!
6) What do you think about Facebook?
I used to be addicted, but now I feel that it’s mostly people wanting to get attention in a negative way. Too much drama!
7)What was the worst date you ever went on?
Do I have to pick just one?
8) If your blog could be remembered for one thing, what would it be?
That I am always honest and tell it like it is. No room for sugarcoating. The bipolar, the anxiety, the depression…that shit is real.
9) Share one childhood fear.
I was and continue to be afraid of the dark.
10) What is your favorite season?
Probably summer. I love to swim!
11) Is it better to have loved and lost, than never loved at all?
Definitely better to have loved and lost.
Now, I am supposed to nominate 11 other blogs for the award. I’m not sure I can come up with more than a few that fit the criteria, but here goes…
1) Winning with Bipolar
2) Bipolar on Fire
3) 30 Something Guy’s Journal
So, that’ll have to be it for that, because everyone else I follow has well over 200 followers! Here are the questions for the three nominated:
1) If you could wake up tomorrow and instantaneously change one thing, what would it be?
2) Coffee or tea?
3) Worst bad habit?
4) Your best quality?
5) How many hours do you get and how many hours of sleep do you need each night?
6) Best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
7) Book you’re reading right now?
8) What do you think about the Kindle or Nook?
9) Resolutions at New Year’s?
10) What is in your garden?
11) Do you think your current treatment regimine is working?